Swapping the hard drive in the MacBooks is relatively simple. If all you want to do is swap the drive, skip forward to Step 1.
If you’ve never swapped drives before, don’t worry because you need almost no technical experience to get this done. Comparing to other models, the MacBook is a blessing. Some grim memories of Sony and IBM laptops bring back goose bumps. The laptop designs were flawed to the point that the only way you could reach the hard drive was by disassembling the entire laptop. Take my word for it, there’s no fun in putting 40 tiny little screws back in place.
– Use a coin to turn the battery catch 90 degrees from its normal position, and remove the battery.
Step Two (Three, and Four)
– Grasp the white plastic tab attached to the hard drive and pull it to the right, removing the hard drive from the computer.
– Insert the replacement hard drive into the cradle.
– Push drive and cradle into the hard drive compartment.
Keep in mind, the hard drive goes back into its compartment with the label facing down.
Once the drive is inside the bay, place the battery back in place and you’re done!
Apple’s official manual for Upgrading the MacBook Hard Drive
- Cách chép dữ liệu từ Macbook vào ổ cứng dễ và nhanh nhất - July 1, 2021
- MacBook iAlertU Car Alarm - March 20, 2009
- Installing a Hard Drive into the MacBook - March 9, 2009
Leave a Reply