Installing 2Gb of DDR2 RAM into the MacBook
Here’s a step by step tutorial on how to install new RAM into a MacBook.
– Use a coin to turn the battery catch 90 degrees from its normal position, then remove the battery.
– Remove the three evenly spaced Philips screws from the rear wall of the battery compartment.
– Lift the L shaped metal cover and pull gently to the right to remove.
– Pull back on the metal lever and slide the RAM chip out from its compartment.
– Slide in the new RAM in until it is seated.
When finished, reinsert the metal cover again and re-apply the screws. Place the battery back in place and you’re done!
Here’s a link to Apple’s official guide for installing RAM into your MacBook. (PDF)